If you're a serious-type who just wants to 'get to the point,' you go right ahead and skip this, I won't mind a bit--there's nothing critical here. BUT I like knowing quirky and random things about people--it makes them more relatable, in my eyes. So if you're like that, too, here are Ten Little-Known Facts about me.
- I come from a pretty artistic/creative family. Although I know I'm creative, I missed the 'artistic' boat altogether. I draw a mean stick figure that rivals my five-year-old's work, and that's the best I can offer.
- I'm a pickle snob--I only buy Claussen, and I always drink one swig of the pickle juice before I throw the empty jar away.
- I sang all through high school and college. I still do, for church functions and in community choirs, from time to time. I also have directed choirs in the past, when asked. (Though I'd much rather be singing in the choir than directing it).
- My husband and I have been married for going on 15 years. No, I was not 14 when I got married. (Apparently, I don't look my age).
- Once, when my oldest was about six months old, an elderly gentleman at a department store stopped me to say "If you can make them that pretty, don't stop 'til you have at least twelve!!" Uh...Awwkward!
- More than being beautiful, I want my kids to have good hearts. I tell them that often.
- "Sunshine Picture Project" comes from one of my childhood nicknames--Mary Sunshine. As the story goes, I was a truly happy kid and always had a smile on my face. Always--even when I'd fall down (which happened often) and scrape my knee (often), and come hobbling in the house for a band-aid (often). Tears streaming down my cheeks, and a smile on my face.
- My other childhood nickname was Erni--because that's how I spelled my name when first learning to write. My brothers still call me that. :)
- I'm an introverted extrovert. Or an extroverted introvert. Whichever way you phrase it, it means I'm a person who needs and loves people in my life, but has a hard time with them in large groups. It's also a little (a lot?) nerve-wracking to have to hit it off with complete strangers at a photo shoot. Which is one reason you'll notice me making all kinds of efforts to get to know you and your family members before I actually take your pictures. It's a piece of cake to photograph friends. Let's be friends!
- My husband and I are movie nerds. We know all kinds of trivia about 'the making' of tons of movies and series'...mostly because we're two of the maybe 10 people in the world who actually like and watch special features on our blu-rays and DVDs. We also shamelessly quote one-liners (mostly to each other, though, and to close friends...who love us enough to overlook our idiosyncrasies).
- I secretly claim my husband's college degrees as my own--because, man, I EARNED them. For any of you who are married or engaged and still getting through school, I feel you! It's a tough chapter of life, but know that it will end--eventually. Now we look back on it and can't believe we've been out of school longer than we were in it. Crazy.
Okay, I lied. That's eleven.